KELC is in the process of developing her 5 year (2020-2024) strategy. It has already conducted a meticulous SWOT, PESTEL and Stakeholder analysis to identify strategic advantages of KELC; Defined the KELC vision, mission, theme and core values that show KELC clear commitments to success; Outlined 5 key strategic priority focus areas & 3 mainstream strategies and direction of the strategic plan; Developed KELC key priority areas, objectives, strategies & outputs; and Provided clear appropriate tools for implementing the strategic plan.
The leader of the KELC Strategic planning process is Rev Luke Mwololo the Church Secretary General. He is assisted by a team of persons drawn from the head office i.e. the Departmental heads, heads of the Church Districts and skilled individuals in the area of planning.
Our Vision: A Church living abundant life through Jesus Christ now and eternity
Our Mission: To accomplish the transformation of people’s lives into wholeness of life by proclaiming the gospel of Christ through preaching, teaching, formation, serving and making disciples; Through Fellowship (Koinonia), – Ushirika (Mdo. 2:42), Worship (Litrugia), – Ibada ‘Utaratibu’, Training (Eruditio), – Mafundisho, Service (Diakonia), – Huduma za Huruma, Witness (Martyria), – Ushuhuda kwa uwazi.
Our overarching Theme is “Witness Christ and Sustain the Church for an Abundant Life”
Our Shared Core Values are:
- Grounded in the Word of God and Sacrament;
- Love and Fellowship;
- Compassionate and Commitment;
- Dignity and Justice;
- Transparency and Accountability;
- Prayerful and Thanksgiving and
- Discipline and Responsibility.
Our 5 Key Strategic Priority Areas that KELC should work on in order to succeed are:
- Mission and Evangelism for Discipleship;
- “Diakonia” for Compassion, Holistic Care and Service;
- Self-sustenance through Fund-Developing and Resources Mobilization;
- Capacity Building through Education, Training and Formation; and
- Mutual linkages and Partnerships Internally and Externally;
Our 3 Mainstreaming Strategies
- Gender justice and child rights advocacy strategy;
- Policy analysis and advocacy; and
- Communication and information sharing strategy.